If your thinking of purchasing new carpet and are confused as to which of the two most popular types you should get, here are some pros and cons for both Polyester VS Nylon. First the pros:
- Nylon has very Good Elasticity; it can stretch up to 33% of its length and maintain its original shape. This is important in heavy traffic areas.
- Abrasion Resistant – It even can surpass wool in this area. Many manufacturers offer wear guaranties on their nylon carpets
- Static Resistant – Today’s fibers do very well unlike older generations of nylon
- Heat Sets Well – Nylon retains its crimp, twist, and dye extremely well.
- Good resiliency – Nylon can be crushed for long periods and still regain its original shape.
- Non-Absorbent – Nylon dries quickly since it will absorb less than 8% of its weight in water.
- Mildew Resistant – Nylon provides no food source, mildew can grow on it if another food source so clean and vacuum regularly
- Nylon will clean very well to most professional cleaning methods and treatments however most manufacturers recommend steam cleaning over other types of cleaning.
- Polyester Carpet does not have dye sites, it is usually dyed with a disperse dye. Disperse dye molecules are the smallest dye molecules among all dyes. Solution dye method makes it very resistant to bleaching, fading and soil dye reactions.
- Stain Resistant – This applies only to water based stains.
- Low Absorbency – Quick drying
- Usually less expensive than Nylon (you get what you pay for).
Starting to get the picture?
If your bying new carpet in Springfield MO. Call Ultra Carpet Care first. We can make most carpet look new again. Save thousands of dollars over replacing by Calling Ultra Carpet Care today, (417) 459-1971