How to Remove Cigarette Burns from Carpet, Springfield, MO.
Cigarette burns can be small but noticeable, especially when in a high traffic area. Fortunately, with a little cutting and gluing they can be easily fixed and your carpets will look almost new again.
Removing Cigarette Burns
There are two issues you need to fix, the cigarette burn by replacing the burnt fibers and removing any soiling from the scorched spot.
Here is what you will need:
- Carpet Cement or hot glue gun
- Cleaning Solution for scorch marks (1 part hydrogen peroxide with 10 parts water )
- Hand held vacuum
- Heavy Book
- Wide-toothed comb
Begin by sanding away the bun marks with the sandpaper. Take it slow as you can eat away at the fibers pretty quick if you are using a course sand paper. Next Vacuum any debris away. Remove remaining black fibers by cutting them out with scissors. If a scorch mark remains, soak a cloth with the cleaning solution and blot the stain working from the outside towards the middle. Spray with water to rinse and blot to dry.
Allow to dry completely. If the remaining hole is very small and unnoticeable, then you are done, if you need to patch the hole, continue on with the following steps:
Remove some fibers from a hidden spot of carpeting such as the back of the closet or under the furniture or remove fuzz by shaving or pulling at the carpet with tweezers. You will need enough fibers or fuzz to fill in the hole you have just cleared out in the previous steps.
Roll the fibers into the shape of the burn hole. Apply a good amount of carpet cement to the hole and push the fibers into the cement. Cover with a piece of paper and a heavy book. Allow to dry for several hours. Next remove the paper and book and gently comb carpet with wide-toothed comb to blend in with existing carpeting. Cut any fibers that are standing out with scissors. If the hole is large enough that it requires several fibers you can hot glue the end of each fiber strand, using your tweezers place each strand in to the hole one by one.
- If the burn is too large to fill with fibers, consider replacing the section of carpeting.
- If the burn area is excessively large, you may be in for a more extensive repair or even complete carpet replacement. In lieu of this, consider a nice, decorative throw rug!
- If you are unsure of this procedure, or uncomfortable in performing the necessary steps, http://www.ultracarpetcare.com/Services-Packages.htmlyou should not hesitate to contact Ultra Carpet Care of Springfield Mo. We will happy to do the repairs.
While we are there, we can clean all of your carpet so give Ultra Carpet Care a call Today. (417) 459-1971